These Rustic Caramel Squares are super easy to make and are a great snack to go. They aren't the neatest treat, but they make up for it in nutritional value and tastiness!
Rustic Caramel Squares [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup Quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil (melted above the steam)
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In the meantime, grind almonds in a food processor (make sure they remain chunky).
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Spread evenly on your baking sheets and press down with your fingers all the way to the edge. Make it flat as possible.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- When ready, let it cool down.
- Remove from the baking sheet and carefully peel off the parchment paper.
- Place on the cutting board and cut each piece in half vertically. It’s easier to work with it when it when smaller.
- Spread half of the caramel on one half of each crisp about ¼ inch thick while leaving about ¼ inch space from the edge.
- Place the remaining halves on top and press down lightly.
- Store in a refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- When ready add melted chocolate on top with spatula evenly as possible and place it into a refrigerator overnight.
- Before serving, cut it into squares with sharp knife. It will not be possible to do it neatly but do your best.
Note: You can wrap each square into a plastic wrap and place them into a sealed container. Keep refrigerated.