These little bite-sized snacks seriously hit the spot. They have carbs, protein, and a bit of sweetness to them. They can be after any type of exercise. Or no exercise at all!
Runner Recovery Bites [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds (soaked for an hour)
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds (soaked for an hour)
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 5 dates
- 1 tablespoon of goji berries
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder
- 1 teaspoon of unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon of coconut water
- 1 tablespoon of protein powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of hemp seeds to roll the balls in
- Drain your pumpkin and sunflower seeds and throw them in a food processor. Grind them up until they break down into a paste.
- Add your dates and pulse a few times to mix everything up.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients (aside from the hemp seeds) and process until it forms a dough-like ball.
- This is the messy part! Wet your hands so that they're slightly damp to more easily roll the dough into balls. Grab a tablespoon, spoon out the mixture and roll it between your hands.
- Have your hemp seeds in a bowl or cup and roll the ball around until it’s covered. Place the covered ball on a plate and keep rolling!
- Once you’re done, put the plate in the freezer to firm them up. They retain their shape best when they are kept cold.