As Blossom Du Jour continues to expand, I am all about comfort food. What is more comforting than buttermilk biscuits (minus the butter of course)? These are great for breakfast, brunch or alongside some veggie chili for dinner.
Rosemary ‘Buttermilk’ Biscuits [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Rosemary ‘Buttermilk’ Biscuits [Vegan]
How to Prepare Rosemary ‘Buttermilk’ Biscuits [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix dry ingredients (including the rosemary) together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the apple cider vinegar and vegan milk, whisk, then set aside.
- Add the cold butter to the dry ingredients, and quickly combine with a fork or your fingers until tiny bits are formed. This process should take no longer than approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add the vegan milk and vinegar mixture to the flour and gently mix until well combined. Transfer the mixture onto a floured counter top and form a dough ball, gently turning the dough over a couple of times. It's very important not to overwork the dough.
- To cut the dough, use whatever you'd like (the top of a glass, a cookie cutter, etc).
- Place the biscuits close together onto a sheet pan lined with a piece of parchment. Dab a very small amount of butter on top of each biscuit and bake for approximately 10-11 minutes.
- Pairs excellently with raspberry or apricot jam.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.