This cobbler boasts ripe apricots, sprinkles of lavender, and dried rose buds with a dense cookie-type topping. The sweetness is all fruit, no added sugar aside from a touch of date sugar. The recipe itself is very simple, healthy, and versatile. You can use whatever is in season! The berries of early summer or a delightful winter version would be apples with warming cinnamon and ginger cookie topping. Get creative!
Rose, Lavender, and Apricot Cobbler [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Rose, Lavender, and Apricot Cobbler [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6-7 Apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender flowers
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Rosebuds
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2/4 cup and 1 tablespoon ate sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
How to Prepare Rose, Lavender, and Apricot Cobbler [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and melt two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Cut 2 or 3 apricots into slices and arrange on the bottom of a cast iron, or other oven-proof dish. Cut the remaining apricots in half, pit, and arrange face down on top of the slices.
- Sprinkle with lavender, crushed rosebuds, and one tablespoon of date sugar Add one tablespoon of coconut oil in a few separated chunks to the dish and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine melted coconut oil, oat flour, orange blossom water, vanilla paste, date sugar, and cold water until a stiff dough forms. Roll the dough out on the counter, using a ring or glass to cut out cookie like rounds. Arrange the rounds on top of the apricots.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the heat and brush a bit of the now melted apricot and coconut oil from the bottom of the pan onto the top of the cookie rounds, continue baking another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.