Spaghetti squash and pears make a unique, yet tasty pairing in this fresh and hearty salad – further proving that autumn produce is the best!
Roasted Spaghetti Squash and Pear Salad [Vegan]
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 Asian pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon almonds, chopped
- 1/4 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon hemp oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Brush each side of the squash flesh with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skin side up on the baking sheet and bake for one hour, or until soft.
- While squash cooks, combine hemp seeds, pear, parsley, almonds, jalapeño, cumin, and coriander in a medium bowl.
- Remove squash from the oven and let cool slightly. Scrape flesh out of skin with a fork, and add to pear mixture. Combine well, adding oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grab a fork and enjoy!