This vegan zucchini pasta is all taste, and no guilt. The combination of roasted tomatoes, arugula, and toasted pine nuts atop this masterpiece makes it exceptional.
Roasted Pepper Zucchini Pasta [Vegan]
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil + more to drizzle
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 medium zucchini (or 2 small), spiralized 1 cup fresh baby arugula
- 1/2 whole lemon
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take your bell pepper and chop off the top and bottom. Remove the inside seeds and white skin and set aside.
- Place your cherry tomatoes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil very lightly. Then, pour in balsamic vinegar. Season very lightly with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Lightly coat a baking tray with cooking spray and place your peppers on one side and your tomatoes on the other. Roast for 30 minutes. When done, slice pepper lengthwise into strips and set everything aside.
- While peppers are roasting, place a small skillet over medium heat and add in your pine nuts. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, tossing frequently, until toasted. When they begin to brown, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Five minutes before the tomatoes and peppers are done roasting, place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the tablespoon of olive oil. Once the oil heats, add in the ￼garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 30 seconds and then add in the zucchini noodles and arugula.
- Cook the zucchini noodles, tossing frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes and season with pepper. When done, squeeze the juice from the lemon over the skillet. Toss and then transfer to your bowl.
- Top the zucchini noodles with the bell pepper, tomatoes and toasted pine nuts. Enjoy!