Roasted Garlic Hummus - Amazing on its own, served with fresh warm pitta bread. Make a salad of your favorite veggies for a fabulous summer meal.
Roasted Garlic Hummus [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large garlic bulb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup gluten-free tahini
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- A drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of paprika to serve
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Peel the garlic and place the cloves on a square of tin foil. Drizzle with olive oil and add a pinch of salt.
- Wrap the garlic in the tin foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
- Place the chickpeas, roasted garlic, tahini, salt, lemon juice and water in a food processor and blend for five minutes or until you have a smooth, creamy paste.
- Scoop the hummus into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest for at least 30 minutes. It can be refrigerated straight away but will need to take out of the fridge 30 minutes before serving. When ready to serve, pour a layer of olive oil over the hummus and sprinkle on a pinch of paprika. The hummus will keep in the fridge for up to three days. Serve with pitta bread and your favorite veggies. Enjoy!
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Left out the key ingredient: cumin …. 1/2 teaspoon. Don\’t really need the olive oil, or add a little into the hummus. Many mentors suggest limit oil because it is not a whole food.