This roasted eggplant recipe is unbelievably simple but incredibly delicious! The roasted veggie becomes beautifully tender and its umami flavor is countered by the cashew cream. Toss on some pomegranate arils for a burst of tartness and you have an easy snack or meal that doesn't skimp on flavor.
Roasted Eggplant With Cashew Cream and Pomegranates [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 large eggplant
- 3/4 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pomegranate seeds, to garnish
- Chopped parsley or mint, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place eggplant on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and roast in oven for 1 hour, turning over half way through. Once eggplant is done, cut in half lengthwise and immediately sprinkle with salt and pepper to season
- Make the cashew cream: soak cashews in hot water for at least 30 minutes. Drain water, at 1/3 cup fresh water, and combine cashews with lemon juice, vinegar, and salt in a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Top eggplant with cashew cream and pomegranate seeds.