The brainchild of cauliflower-rice meets overnight oats, this hearty breakfast is a must-make. Lightly roasted with coconut oil, pure maple, and cinnamon, the cauliflower takes on a sweet and milky flavor. Its flavor is only elevated further with the addition of soaked oats, coconut milk, and coconut water. Though this porridge may smell a little cauliflower-y, don’t let that deter you. This make-ahead friendly and plant-based bowl is wonderfully creamy, sweet, and belly-filling in all the right ways.
Roasted Cauliflower and Coconut Overnight Porridge Pots [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, florets only
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 1/2 cups canned light coconut milk, divided
- 1 cup coconut water
- Preheat oven to 425°F, rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor fitted with an "S"-blade, pulse cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons maple syrup, coconut oil, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon until mixture has a rice-like consistency. Transfer to baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together rolled oats, remaining 6 tablespoons maple and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, chia, 2 cups coconut milk, and coconut water. Stir in roasted cauliflower and refrigerate.
- Allow mixture to sit for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight, or until coconut milk and coconut water have been absorbed, then transfer mixture to high-speed blender with remaining 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Whiz until mixture is very smooth, then divide into six airtight containers until ready to serve.
- Top with your favorite toppings. Will keep for up to one week refrigerated.