Sweet golden beets, fresh, crunchy sprouts and a spicy horseradish cashew spread come together in this hearty and nutritious sandwich. Considering the only food you have to actually cook in this recipe are the beet chips, this sandwich is super easy-to-make. Simply roast the beets, mix and spread the cashew cream, and layer on the toppings!
Roasted Beet Chip Sandwich With Horseradish Cashew Spread [Vegan]
For the Beets:
- 6-8 medium beets
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt to taste
For the Horseradish Spread:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons horseradish, freshly grated
- Pepper, to taste
For the Sandwich:
- Bread of choice
- Avocado slices
To Make the Beets:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and thoroughly scrub beets. With a sharp knife, slice beets as thin as you can, making sure the size remains constant. Place beets on two baking sheets and drizzle with a small amount of oil. Sprinkle with salt. Toss them around to coat, then arrange in a single layer.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, or until crisp. Watch them carefully, making sure they do not burn. Make the cashew spread while they bake. Remove from oven and let cool.
To Make the Horseradish Cashew Spread:
- Drain the cashews. Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To Assemble the Sandwiches:
- Lay down a slice of bread and spread with a healthy amount of horseradish cashew spread. Top with beets, sprouts, and avocado, in that order. Squish it down with the other slice of bread.