These are really fun to make, and super healthy. Oh and as you can tell from the photos - so easy they hardly need instructions. Slice up some apples and layer them with caramel and almond butter. Yum! Make these with kids and you will make some new little friends.
Raw Apple Sandwiches with Date Caramel and Almond Butter [Vegan]
- 4 apples
- Almond butter or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil (or use water... won't be as creamy though)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Make the caramel: blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Assemble: Slice the apples thinly from bottom to top and then core each piece. Now layer each slice with alternating caramel and nut butter. Enjoy!