With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, you may be searching for a delectable, decadent tasting, and easy to prepare vegan chocolate dessert. Well, search no more! This delectable chocoholic lover’s dessert is based on a recipe my grandma often made. When I was a child it was my favorite dessert, but it was packed with eggs and heavy cream. Here’s a fail-safe vegan version that faithfully reproduces the taste of Grandma’s specialty. Served in tiny espresso cups, it provides an elegant ending to any fancy meal. Plus, you can make it the day before serving if you wish—always a bonus when entertaining. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled and is perfect to serve at an elegant dinner party or casual family dinner as an impressive sweet finish to your meal. Best of all…it takes only 10 minutes (or less) to prepare. Jazzylicious!
Pots de Crème [Vegan]
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla nondairy milk
- 12 ounces soft regular or silken tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Heat the nondairy milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until steaming hot, but not boiling.
- Put the tofu and brown sugar in a blender, then add the chocolate chips.
- Pour in the nondairy milk and process until completely smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into tiny dessert bowls or espresso cups and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
- Serve chilled.