The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Families and neighbors join together to celebrate this wonderful country of ours and the freedom living in the USA affords us. The Fourth is also a wonderful excuse to create some magnificent and fun desserts that kids and adults alike will enjoy. Let the red, white, and blue cooking begin!
Patriotic Cheesecake [Vegan]
- 1 ½ cup Gluten Free graham style crumbs (I used kinnikinnick foods)
- 6 Tbs. Earth Balance Soy-Free Spread
- 1-2 packets stevia
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked 6-8 hours)
- 1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts (soaked 6-8 hours)
- 2 tsp probiotic powder (I used New Chapter All Flora)
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 Tbs. meyer lemon juice
- 1/3 cup So Delicious Vanilla coconut creamer
- 1 Tbs. vanilla flavor (mine is by Frontier)
- 1/4 cup agave, maple syrup, honey, or stevia to taste (add 3-4Tbs. liquid is using stevia)
- 4 stevia packets
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1 cup Basic Filling
- All natural blue food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced bananas
- 1 cup Basic Filling
- ½ cup sliced organic strawberries
- 1 cup Basic Filling
- All natural red food coloring (optional)
- In the morning put 2 cups of raw cashews and 1 cup of macadamias in a container and cover the nuts with filtered water. Place the container in the fridge to soak.
- In the afternoon or evening take the container of cashews and macadamias out of the fridge and drain and rinse the nuts. Place the drained and rinsed nuts in your Vitamix along with ½ cup filtered water and blend VERY well. This process will take quite a few minutes and your Vitamix will be working very hard! Make sure you use the center agitator to help it along. You want to mixture to be very, very, very smooth…it will be warm from all of the blending.
- Once the mixture is smooth, place it in a bowl and combine with the probiotic powder. Mix well.
- Place the mixture in a cheesecloth lined colander and cover it. Place the colander in a bowl (in case any liquid leaks out) and leave it out at room temperature for 12 hours to cure (overnight).
- Meanwhile make the crust by combining the graham style crumbs with the melted Earth Balance and Somersweet. Once combined, press the graham crust into the bottom of a springform pan or create individual cheesecakes by using a mini crumb cake pan and filling each with 1 Tbs. of the graham crust mixture and pushing it down (in a crumb cake pan the bottom of each cake lifts-up to help unmold the cakes). Place in the fridge to set-up.
- In the morning place the cured cheese mixture in a bowl and use a hand mixer to blend in 1 Tbs. lemon, 1/3 cup So Delicious Vanilla Creamer, 1 Tbs. vanilla, ¼ cup agave or maple syrup, 4 stevia packets, and a pinch of salt. The Basic Filling recipe is now complete.
- Create the blue layer by blending 1 cup of the Basic Filling with ½ cup of frozen blueberries (optional blue food coloring).
- For the white layer, either use the Basic Filling as is or blend 1 cup of the Basic Filling with ½ cup of sliced bananas.
- Create the red layer by blending 1 cup of the Basic Filling with ½ cup of sliced strawberries (optional red food coloring).
- Pipe a small layer of the blueberry mixture onto each crust. Smooth the layer to make it level and follow with a layer of white, and then a layer of red. Place in the freezer to set-up for 1-2 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving to allow the cheesecake to thaw slightly.
- Top with your favorite non-dairy whipped cream and fresh berries. Note - I am a Vitamix affiliate and whole-heartedly endorse the use of this wonderful machine!
Do not use vanilla extract. Since this is raw the alcohol will not cook out and will taste bad. Upon first glance this cheesecake recipe seems much more time consuming than it really is.
- Macadamia Nut
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Ummm I made that cheesecake and I must say it didn’t taste good at all. The filling was just really plain and boring. I had to add a lot more fruit in order to make it taste any better but then when I froze it, it became more like an ice cream.
oh my your recipes just get better… this one i must try!!!
Ummm cheesecake that won’t hurt my stomach!!:) ( I am vegan for my own health reasons)