- 21⁄2 cups vegan semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 pound silken tofu
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Peanuts, almonds, or cashews, for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 T unrefined sugar
- 1/4 C water
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
- Put the chocolate chips and soy milk in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Put the tofu, maple syrup, and melted chocolate mixture in a blender and process until smooth, about 3 minutes. Lightly coat six 3 by 1-inch ring molds or ramekins with safflower oil. Divide the chocolate mixture equally between the molds and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- To make raspberry coulis place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a sauce pan and simmer for 3 minutes. Place the coulis in the refrigerator to cool.
- To serve, drizzle the coulis over the 6 plates. Unmold each tower, place them on the plates, garnish with fresh raspberries, and serve at once. If using ramekins, drizzle coulis on top, place on fresh raspberries, and serve directly from the ramekins.