This is a no-bake and technically raw recipe, full of natural sweeteners, and nut-free (as long as you can still have coconut). The macaroons (or you can call them truffles) have a pleasant and sweet green tea flavor with shredded coconut and just a hint of vanilla.
Raw Vanilla, Matcha and Coconut Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Vanilla, Matcha and Coconut Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked
- 2 tbsp. coconut butter
- 1-2 tsp. matcha powder
- 1 tbsp. lucuma powder/coconut nectar and more to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
- pinch of Salt
How to Prepare Raw Vanilla, Matcha and Coconut Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Drain the soaked dates and place them into a blender or food processor with the softened coconut butter. Slowly add the vanilla and the sweetener of your choice (I used both lucuma powder and coconut nectar, but you can also add more dates instead). Add in the salt and shredded coconut and keep mixing until a thicker "dough" forms.
- You want the mixture to be able to stick together and not be too runny, and if it is add extra shredded coconut. If your mixture is too solid and not sticky, add more liquid sweetener and/or coconut butter.
- When you get the right consistency, roll the dough into a ball to form a macaroon. If you'd like, roll the ball into some more shredded coconut. Set the macaroons on a covered plate to chill in the fridge before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.