Matcha is a powdered green tea that is mostly grown and produced in Japan. It is known to be rich in antioxidants and is used in recipes like matcha lattes, cakes and smoothies. Matcha and lemon flavour combo is pretty much – perfection! Lemons provide a zesty refreshing flavour to this cheesecake and as a bonus, it also contains vitamin C and aids digestion.
Raw Green Tea Matcha Lemon Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup raw buckwheat
- 1 cup (11) medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 2 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon green tea matcha powder
For the Toppings:
- Lemon slices
- Matcha power
- For the base, Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until combined. Line the bottom of a spring-form cake tin with baking paper and transfer base into the tin, pressing down until evenly distributed and place in freezer.
- For the filling, Add all ingredients (except matcha) and blend until smooth. Pour out half the mixture and transfer into a bowl.
- Add matcha into the blender with the remaining mixture and blend until combined.
- Transfer the matcha layer onto the base and evenly distribute. Add the non matcha layer onto of the matcha layer and spread out evenly with back of spoon. It's ok to combined the two layers a bit as it will give a nice effect to the cake.
- Add some slices of lemon if you wish then transfer into freezer to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once it has set and you are ready to serve, take out of the freezer and let it sit for 15-20 mins to defrost. You can them add extra lemon slices, matcha and coconut flakes to decorate.
- Store in fridge if you want to keep a so