These goji berry stuffed treats are very involved but they are well worth the trouble. The recipe combines layers of chocolate with a homemade goji paste to make a sweet treat that is as delicious as it is healthy.
Raw Goji Berry Stuffed Chocolate Treats [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 tablespoons raw cocoa
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 Medjool dates
- Water, as much as is needed to get a smooth, solid mass
- 2 ounces of goji berries
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice (optional)
- 1 cup pistachios, topping
- Start the evening before and soak the goji berries in a bowl of water for 6-12 hours
- Start with the chocolate layers which will be both the bottom and top layer. Mix the oats in a blender or with a hand blender until you have a flour.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa, and vanilla and mix the dough well.
- In another bowl, mix the dates into a fine mass.
- Put the dates into the dry mix and add the agave and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Blend the mixture into a fine, smooth, mass. If it becomes too dry, add water until you get the desired consistency.
- Rinse the goji berries and put them in a bowl.
- Add the almond flour, agave, pomegranate juice, and gingerbread spices and blend the mixture until you have a fine blend.
- Take out a small square shape mold and wrap it with plastic wrap.
- Put in half of the chocolate mass and work it into the form until you have an even layer. This is your top layer.
- Then lift out the chocolate mass with the plastic wrap and wrap the mold with new plastic wrap, add the rest of the chocolate and press it out.
- Then add the goji paste and spread evenly.
- Now it's time to put the first chocolate layer by gently laying it over the goji paste with the plastic side up.
- Chop the pistachio nuts and remove the plastic wrap to sprinkle the chopped nuts finely over the cake.
- Add to the plastic wrap back on top and then put the cake in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Then remove and lift the whole cake on a cutting board and chop it into pieces.