A touch of chili powder gives these scrumptious raw chocolate brownies quite a kick! The fudge glaze is the only part of the recipe that is not raw, so if you want to keep the brownies fully raw, feel free to omit the glaze. They will still be delicious!
Raw Chili Chocolate Brownies With Fudge Glaze [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups dates, pitted (Best when soaked in warm water to soften and then drained)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
To Make the Brownies:
- In a food processor, process the almonds until fine.
- Add in the cacao powder and process some more. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the cinnamon, chili powder and sea salt and pulse a few times.
- Add in the soften and drained dates and the raisins 1/2 cup at a time, processing each time and scraping down the sides of your food processor bowl often.
- Drizzle in the agave and vanilla. If you need to add in more agave to moisten the mixture you can.
- Press the mixture into an 8×8 inch baking dish and place it in your fridge while you make the fudge sauce.
To Make the Fudge Glaze:
- Heat the almond milk in a small skillet over medium heat. Once warm add in the chocolate chips and stir until all the chips have melted. Add in the chili powder and stir some more.
- Pour the fudge sauce over top of the brownies and spread over the top of the brownies.
- Place the brownies in the fridge to cool and then cut into 16 squares.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a week.
Recipe adapted from Sweet Sugar Bean.com.