These Raw Brownies with Pecan Nuts are raw, gluten-free, rich in fiber (flax seed, cocoa, dried apricots) and healthy fats (nut paste, flax seed), and are made in 10 minutes. You can freeze them safely for a couple of months and use as needed.
Raw Brownies With Pecan Nuts [Vegan]
8 - 12 pieces
- 10 dried apricots, preferably soaked for at least 2 hours
- 5 tbsp flax seed
- 15 tbsp water
- 5 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp nut paste, such as cashew or almond paste
- 2 tbsp agave sirup
- 50 g (1/2 cup) pecan nuts
- (Optionally) a pinch of cardamom
- Soak the flax seed in 15 tbsp water for at least 15 minutes.
- Process all the ingredients but the nuts until paste consistency using a powerful blender.
- Add half of the nuts and process shortly again.
- Transfer the mix into a deep-freeze container. Smooth the surface using a spatula or a table knife.Decorate with the rest of the nuts.
- Put away in the deep-freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Take it out approximately 15 minutes prior to cutting. Cut into pieces, transfer to the serving plate and let stand for another 15 minutes before serving.