If you're a cheesecake connoisseur, it's time to get excited. This cheesecake is the perfect blend of nuttiness and sweet, creamy coconut plus, it's got a delightful simple crust and cashew crust that you'll use over and over. You can top this lovely cake with whatever you like though it is pictured in this recipe with melted frozen berries.
Raw Almond Butter Coconut Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4-5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 cup coconut meat (if frozen, defrost overnight)
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
To Make the Crust:
- In your food processor, combine the cashews, shredded coconut, vanilla, and salt.
- Once the mixture becomes fine, add the dates one at a time while the food processor is still on.
- Lightly oil two 4-inch springform pans with coconut oil. Press the crust into the bottom of each pan.
To Make the Filling:
- In your blender, combine all ingredients except for the coconut oil and blend them on high until they're creamy.
- Add the melted coconut oil and blend it again for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the filling into each pan and smooth out the top. Any leftover filling can be stored in a jar in your refrigerator.
- Place both cheesecakes in your freezer overnight. The next day, remove the cheesecakes from the freezer, wipe around the pan with a wet dishtowel and remove the cheesecakes from the molds.
- Place in your fridge to defrost (about 2 hours) and serve them with your favorite toppings.