These bars are really surprisingly quick to throw together and make for the perfect sweet bite to have on hand when packing lunches or just hanging around the house. The tartness of the freeze-dried raspberry shines through, and the earthy tahini and crunchy puffed millet brings adds balance to the mix and also make the bars quite hearty and filling.
Raspberry and Tahini Puffed Millet Squares [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups puffed millet
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, toasted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried raspberries
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup hulled tahini
- 3-4 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- Place the 2 cups of puffed millet into a big mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut flakes, sesame seeds, sea salt. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Add the coconut oil, tahini, and rice malt syrup and mix well.
- Gently fold in the freeze dried raspberries.
- Evenly spread the mixture out into a lined baking dish. Use a piece of baking paper to firmly press the mixture into the dish. Place this into the freezer to set overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and slice it into squares. Store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 10 days.