Beets, in particular, are tremendously nutritious. They are rich in manganese and folate, as well as a super-powerful plant compound called betalains. They're what give beets their gorgeous color and provide antioxidant, antinflammatory and detoxification Support to the body.
Quinoa Salad With Roasted Beets and Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Quinoa Salad With Roasted Beets and Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa
- 3 medium-large beets, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup peppercorns
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoon water
- splash of apple cider vinegar
How to Prepare Quinoa Salad With Roasted Beets and Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spread beets on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for ~40 minutes or until softened and slightly caramelized. 2. If cooking quinoa, put it on while beets roast. 3. In a food processor, combine walnuts, nutritional yeast and about 1 tsp of sea salt. Pulse until it turns into a fine crumb. Set aside. 4. In the same food processor, combine tahini, onion, cumin, peppercorns, a pinch of salt and apple cider vinegar. Blend until combined, then add 1/2 tbsp of water at a time, continuing to blend, until it reaches a slightly runny consistency. You want it thin enough to be able to pour. 5. Once beets are cooked, portion out quinoa, top with beets, vegan cheese and a drizzle of dressing. Serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.