This cake needs no pitch, because it’s just all that and more! It’s easy, has minimal ingredients, affordable, packs tons of pumpkin, has aesthetic appeal, perf for fall, such a breeze compared to icing a full cake, and will have you reaching for a slice again and again!
Pumpkin Sheet Cake [Vegan]
- 6-8 tablespoons almond milk
- 3 tablespoons vegan egg powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tub vegan vanilla icing
- 4 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- Topping: 3/4 cup toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.F In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil until blended. Combine the vegan egg powder with almond milk or water. You want to have a smooth consistency. Add the vegan egg mix, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves; add dry ingredients to wet mixture alternately with pumpkin puree, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 8inch baking pan lines with parchment paper for easy removal. Bake 30-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. It should start to slightly pull away from edges. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Remove pan and cool completely.
- combine the ready made icing and cream cheese in the bowl of a standing mixer and whisk until smooth. Spread over the cooled cake and garnish with chopped toasted pecans.
You can make your own icing, but the icing can be more runny due to the vegan cream cheese. Also this way is more quick and seamless!