This cake needs no pitch because it’s just all that and more! It’s easy, has minimal ingredients, is affordable, packs tons of pumpkin, has aesthetic appeal, perfect for fall, is such a breeze compared to icing a whole cake, and will have you reaching for a slice again and again!
Pumpkin Sheet Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Sheet Cake [Vegan]
- 6-8 tablespoons almond milk
- 3 tablespoons vegan egg powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tub vegan vanilla icing
- 4 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- Topping: 3/4 cup toasted pecans
How to Prepare Pumpkin Sheet Cake [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil until blended. Combine the vegan egg powder with almond milk or water. You want to have a smooth consistency. Add the vegan egg mix, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves; add dry ingredients to wet mixture alternately with pumpkin puree, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 8-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper for easy removal. Bake 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. It should start to pull away from the edges slightly. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Remove pan and cool completely.
- Combine the ready-made icing and cream cheese in the bowl of a standing mixer and whisk until smooth. Spread over the cooled cake and garnish with chopped toasted pecans.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.