This salad is the perfect main dish for dinner, lunch pack or just a side dish. Pumpkins give this salad a hearty and seasonal flavor, and lentils always pack a great deal of health benefits like protein and fiber. Add some fresh kale to the mix and you have a winner.
Pumpkin Salad with Black Lentils, Kale, and Cherry Tomatoes [Vegan]
- 1 cup black beluga lentils
- 3 cups (uncooked) hokkaido pumpkin, 2-inches chunks
- 4-5 thyme sprigs
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5-7 radishes, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Add 3 cups water in a medium saucepan and bring to boil. Transfer lentils when boiling and reduce heat. Let cook for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, place pumpkin on a baking sheet and gently massage thyme and salt onto.
- Place the baking tray in a cold oven and roast for 20 minutes in 400°F.
- Transfer the remaining ingredients into a big bowl.
- Let lentils and pumpkin cool before transferring to the salad.