This treat is yet another super easy recipe to add to your healthy dessert repertoire. A pumpkin recipe nonetheless! As a matter of fact it’s two pumpkin desserts to add to your recipe box, because one small tweak transforms this creamy pumpkin pie custard cup into a perfectly set pumpkin panna cotta. In addition to being completely vegan, these ultimate fall desserts are nut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and refined sugar free.
Pumpkin Pie Panna Cotta [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Pie Panna Cotta [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk (can also use almond, cashew, or soy)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- dash of allspice
- 1 tablespoons virgin coconut oil (optional)
- For custard consistency: 1/2 teaspoon of agar agar powder
- For panna cotta: 1 teaspoon – 1 1/4 teaspoon agar agar powder
How to Prepare Pumpkin Pie Panna Cotta [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free]
- Blend everything except the agar agar in your blender on high until smooth and completely mixed. Taste. Add spices or maple syrup to taste.
- Add contents of blender to a medium pot and heat over low/medium.
- Mix the agar agar powder with 2-3 tablespoons of hot water in a small bowl. Mix it fast until very smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add the agar agar mixture to the pot and whisk it in very well. Keep stirring, the pumpkin mixture should start bubbling. Turn the heat down and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and whisk. You could also let it cool for a bit and then carefully add it back to the blender for another blend (use EXTREME caution if doing this).
- Divide mixture into 4 ramekins, custard cups or small bowls and let it chill for a couple of hours or even overnight. Serve with whipped coconut cream if making custard cups. For the panna cotta, loosen by running a knife around the inside perimeter of the dish, then invert onto a plate, add a drizzle of maple syrup and chopped nuts.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.