The warm, comforting flavors of pumpkin pie go hand in hand with a big, steaming bowl of oatmeal. This is a nourishing breakfast that will keep you sweetly satisfied on a crisp autumn morning!
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin purée
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (or coconut sugar/agave)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- A handful of vegan chocolate chips, for garnish
- In a small pot, stir the oats, water and almond milk together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until creamy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash the banana and stir in the pumpkin purée and maple syrup along with the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Turn off heat and stir the pumpkin mixture into the oats with the optional chia seeds. Mix until well combined.
- I like to add extra almond milk at the end as well as it can get dry.