Do you find yourself craving more sweets and comfort foods now that the days are getting darker and the nights are getting colder? I’ve got the perfect raw vegan ‘detox’ treat for you: a delicious Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. This shake tastes like homemade pumpkin pie and luscious soft serve ice cream all combined in one glass. It is super high in healthy plant-based protein thanks to the addition of hemp and chia seeds, and it has a secret ingredient that will help you to detoxify your liver, lose weight & clear up your skin. Can you guess what it is?
Pumpkin Pie Detox Smoothie [Vegan]
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of water
- 2 large frozen bananas, roughly chopped
- 2 small dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 1 large pinch of turmeric (optional)
- 1 small pinch of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt (optional)
- Combine cinnamon, ginger powder, cloves and nutmeg in a small glass jar. Close the jar and stir well.
- Combine water, frozen banana, dates, hemp seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice blend, vanilla powder, turmeric and salt in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Finish with extra hemp seeds and pumpkin pie spice.
This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie will stay fresh for at least 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Store extra pumpkin pie spice in a glass jar at a cool, dark place. This will enable you to preserve most of its flavor.