These cups come together quickly and easily and are totally customizable. They’re a perfect make-ahead option if you’re meal prepping for the week and need something easy to tote to school or work. If you’re tired of getting up in the morning and trying to figure out what to fix for breakfast, make these and you’ll be all set with delicious, nutritious plant-based oatmeal in a cup all week! One less decision to make in the morning!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Lentil Cups [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Oatmeal Lentil Cups [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (use certified GF if needed)
- 1/2 cup cooked red lentils
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax eggs + 3 tablespoons water – let set for 5 minutes)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 – 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 – 4 tablespoons dairy-free milk (almond, etc)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Add-ins: 1/4 cup hemp seeds, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips, 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
How to Prepare Pumpkin Oatmeal Lentil Cups [Vegan]
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF. Prepare a muffin tin by lining with paper or silicone cups.
- Add the oats and red lentils to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flax egg, pumpkin puree, almond milk, spices, and salt.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the oats and lentils and mix. Then add your seeds, dried fruit, and chocolate chips. Combine well, you want all the oats to be saturated/moistened with the pumpkin mixture.
- Fill the prepared muffin liners with the mixture and press down with fingers or spatula. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before eating.
- Store extras in the fridge.
- Don’t like pumpkin? Try replacing it with an equal amount of banana or applesauce. - Don’t like cranberries? Try raisins, dried apricots, or dates instead. - The pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds can be replaced with any variety of chopped nuts or even shredded coconut. - And if putting lentils in your oatmeal is just too weird for you, feel free to leave them out and reduce the liquid a smidge.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.