A wonderful pumpkin soup, accompanied by a fantastic spicy garnish! Cashew and sage bring the nutty, warming flavors together with garlic powder and paprika.
Pumpkin Leek Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 42-ounces pumpkin
- 10 1/2-ounces leeks
- 9-ounces potato
- 4 leaves sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- 2 1/2-ounces cashews (for garnish)
- 1-ounce pumpkin seed (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon sesame (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (for garnish)
- 2 sage leaves (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper (for garnish)
- Put all the vegetables in a pot with 3 1/2 cups of water and let them boil.
- When ready, add salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Bring all of the ingredients to a simmer. When vegetables are tender, remove from heat.
- For the garnish: put the cashews, pumpkin seeds, garlic powder, and paprika in a pan to roast for 1-2 minutes with the oil.
- Squeeze lemon juice.
- Serve the soup with the garnish on top.