A fat ball is basically like any other raw ball, but they are jam-packed with good fats and with a little less dates. The ingredient list for this seemingly simple recipe is long, but don't let that stop you. You can change all the nuts and seeds for different kinds that you've got at home and at least a third of the recipe list is just spices, so no need to panic.
High-Energy Pumpkin Bites [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 2/3 cup butternut squash (unsweetened pumpkin purée works just as fine)
- 2-3 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seed
- 1-inch fresh organic ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup raw coconut butter
- Start by combining all of the dry ingredients (this means all ingredients except the milk, nut butter, and coconut butter) into a food processor.
- Process the dry ingredients for 1 minute until a crumbly dough has formed.
- Add your coconut butter, almond butter, and non-dairy milk.
- Process for another minute until well combined.
- Freeze the dough for 10-20 minutes, then roll into balls, and lay flat on parchment paper and freeze for a few more hours or until hard.
- Store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Best enjoyed slightly thawed.