These cupcakes are the perfect thing to bake if you want your place to smell like pumpkin and warm spices!
Pumpkin Cupcakes [Vegan]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegan butter, melted and cooled
- 4 egg replacers (1 tablespoon ground flax seeds, plus 3 tablespoons water per "egg")
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line the cupcake pan(s) with liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg replacers, and sugars together until incorporated.
- To the wet mixture, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and clove. Whisk until all ingredients are well combined.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree.
- Divide the batter evenly among the liners, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool a bit so they are easier to handle. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
For the Coconut Milk Whipped Cream:
- Open the two cans of coconut milk without tilting or shaking them. Using a spoon, take out the solid parts and transfer to a large bowl. Remove all the solids until you reach the liquid part. Save the liquid for future use.
- Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with a whip attachment, whip on medium-high until the cream becomes light, fluffy, and stiff.
- Add the agave nectar and ginger. Mix well then taste test it and add more nectar and/or ginger if needed.
- Spoon the whipped cream into a piping bag with a piping tip attached. Pipe swirls of the cream on top of each cupcake.
- Dust the tops lightly with ground cinnamon.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.