This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie with Gingersnap Cookie Crust is so easy to make. The only thing that gets baked is the crust. The pie just sets in the fridge. It looks like a lot more effort than it is. You'll impress even the pickiest of eaters with this wonder.
Pumpkin Pie With Gingersnap Cookie Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups gluten-free gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 6 Tbs. vegan butter, melted
- 3 Tbs. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ tsp. allspice
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1-15 oz. can pumpkin
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan whipped cream
- Extra whipped cream for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the cookies into a resealable bag. Think of someone who irritates you and crush them into crumbles by whacking them with a rolling pin. Then roll the pin over the bag until you have small crumbles. Transfer the cookie crumbles to a bowl. Add the sugar and the melted butter and mix well until it feels sticky.
- Cover the bottom of a pie plate with the crumbles. Press them firmly into the plate with the back of a spoon or a potato masher. Bake for 10 minutes until the crust is just browned a bit. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before filling.
- Combine all ingredients except the whipped cream. Beat with the mixer until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Spoon the mixture into the pie shell and smooth it out.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or until it has set up firmly. It will set up best if given several hours or even overnight. Decorate with gingersnap cookies and/or whipped cream, if desired. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.