These vegan pumpkin chocolate muffins are what autumn baking is all about! Spiced pumpkin swirls around layers of moist chocolate for the ultimate autumn treat.
Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plant-based yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, spices, and salt. Set Aside.
- Combine pumpkin puree with caster sugar and light brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the yogurt, vegan butter and vanilla extract and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Tip half of the batter into a second bowl and add the cocoa powder.
- Spoon the pumpkin and cocoa batters into the muffin tin, alternating between batters until the cups are ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Lift onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.