If you’re craving something bread-like, moist, sweet and with a little autumn vibe to it, then this vegan pumpkin bread is what you need. It’s completely plant-based, covered in chocolate and sprinkled with dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds for that perfect crunch and sour touch. And a bonus – as the pumpkin is so moist, this recipe calls for far less oil than usual sweet bread recipes.
Pumpkin Bread With Chocolate and Cranberries [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 1/2 cup whole spelt flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3.5 ounces of vegan dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao content)
- 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 flax seed eggs (1 tablespoon of ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons of water per "egg")
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- A pinch of salt
- Dried cranberries
- Pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and ginger. Then stir in the wet ingredients – pumpkin puree, plant milk, olive oil and flax eggs. Chop a half bar of the dark chocolate into small pieces and stir it into the pumpkin bread mixture. Combine well.
- Transfer the mixture into the loaf pan and put into the oven. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool completely.
- While the pumpkin bread is cooling, melt the rest of the dark chocolate by putting pieces of it into a small saucepan which is put over a bigger saucepan with a bit (about 1/2 cup) of boiling water in it. Wait until the chocolate melts and pour it over the pumpkin bread. Finally, sprinkle the bread with dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds.