These are called breakfast bars, but of course they can be eaten any time of the day and make a great snack. These bars are simply made up of a mixture of oats, nuts & seeds, making them full of fiber, protein and nutritional goodness. Not to mention that they are naturally gluten-free, vegan & paleo-friendly!
Protein Breakfast Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 gluten free oats
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 3 1/2 tablespoons pecans (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter or nut butter of your choice
- 3 tablespoons low calorie fruit syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a brownie tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, seeds, nuts, cacao and cinnamon.
- In a large saucepan, melt the cashew butter with the coconut oil and fruit syrup on a medium heat. Once it's well combined and smooth, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the contents of the bowl to the saucepan and mix until everything is well combined. If its too dry add a splash of water or almond milk.
- Transfer to the brownie tin.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into bars. Keep in an air-tight tin for up to a week. Enjoy!