A simple potato salad!
Potato Salad [Vegan]
- 3 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- pickled cucumbers or onions
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon whole salt
- Wash and peel carrots. Remove the peel with a potato peeler. Also wash the potatoes and peel them too.
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into small cubes (the potatoes a little larger than the carrots) and keep them apart. Boil the peas in salted water. Steam carrots and potatoes separately. It will take a few minutes. Carrots must remain more crispy. (If you want you can cook them boiling in salted water).
- Another important step: after cooking, let the vegetables dry (excluding peas) for 45 minutes in the oven at 200ºF, so they will lose all the water. Meanwhile, cut the pickled cucumbers into small pieces or wedge the onions, according to taste.
- When the vegetables are cold, add the pickles and mix well. Prepare the salad by mixing all the vegetables with a few tablespoons of mayonnaise, mix well, keep in the fridge until served, accompanied by croutons.
- If you want to serve it in a somewhat scenographic way, cover a bowl with foil, pour the Russian salad, flatten with a spoon, cover and keep in the fridge until ready to serve. At this point overturn the bowl on a serving dish, remove the foil and decorate with some greens.