These fajitas are stuffed with juicy portobello mushrooms strips marinated in tamari, chili powder, cumin, and turmeric alongside red onions and bell pepper. Drizzled on top is a fresh cilantro garlic sauce made from not only cilantro and garlic but also pea shoots, arugula, lemon, and lime.
Portobello Fajitas [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Portobello Fajitas [Vegan]
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup pea shoots
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 of 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 of 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup water
For the Cilantro Garlic Sauce:
How To Make Portobello Fajitas [Vegan]
- Marinate mushrooms in soy sauce, chili powder, turmeric, and cumin for at least 10 minutes
- Slice the bell peppers and onions.
- Prep all of the ingredients for the cilantro garlic sauce and throw into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Cook bell peppers and onions in coconut oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the marinated mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft.
- Throw in a splash of water when things start to get dry. Serve over corn or flour tortillas.
- Bell Pepper
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
This is my vegan fajitas with jack fruit