There is zero, zilch, nada, no egg in this recipe. Totally vegan! But it sure looks like Eggs Benedict, don’t you think!? The perfect amalgam of traditional meets unusual. My taste buds did a happy dance with this one! There is so much flavor I wanted to throw a party! Okay, I admit…I think I always want a party. Good food is meant to be shared!
Polenta Benedict With Coconut Cream [Gluten-Free]
For the Polenta Benedict:
- 1/2 pound packaged polenta
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
For the Toppings:
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon parsley (optional)
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons lime, plus 2 tablespoons coconut cream
For the Coconut Cream:
- Meat from 1 young coconut
- 2 tablespoons fermented coconut water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- A dash of coriander
To Make the Polenta:
- Put coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Slice polenta in thin slices and put in skillet.
- Sprinkle the paprika and pepper on each side of the polenta.
- Leave in the skillet until the edges of the polenta are crispy.
To Make the Coconut Cream:
- Purée coconut cream ingredients together
- Slice tomato and avocado in thin slices.
- Mince cilantro.
- Once the polenta is cooked, assemble, alternating polenta, then avocado, then cilantro, tomato, and then polenta again.
- Top with coconut cream sauce,amore cilantro, and dried parsley.