Frangipane is a type of French dessert that refers to a sweetened filling of ground almonds in a tart. Sweet and juicy, this dessert is a real indulgence. The scrumptious frangipane almond filling is just perfect with perfectly ripe plums. Make sure the plums are ripe, as it will only enhance the flavor of this tart. You can also replace the puff pastry with a shortcrust pastry, if you like.
Plum Frangipane [Vegan]
- Make the chia egg by mixing 1 tablespoon of ground chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove stones from plums and cut into quarters.
- Roll out puff pastry to fit a tart tin with an approximatively 12.2-inch diameter.
- Make filling by mixing together ground almond, sugar, butter, chia egg, vanilla extract, and flour. Blend until the filling is spreadable.
- Spread filling evenly on top of pastry.
- Arrange quartered plums evenly on top of filling.
- Cook for around 30 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely before serving.