The star of this bowl is the pineapple, which peaks in late spring and into early summer and adds a subtle sweetness to an otherwise savory compilation of vegetables, including mushrooms and peppers. Unlike traditional fried rice, this bowl uses cauliflower rice.
Pineapple Fried Cauliflower Rice Bowl [Vegan]
Fried Cauliflower Rice:
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cups cauliflower rice or cooked brown or white rice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen pineapple
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (green parts only)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons kimchi (optional)
- Sriracha (optional)
- Prepare the cauliflower rice. In a medium skillet over low heat, warm the oil. Once warm, add the garlic and ginger, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower rice, green peas, carrot, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Stir until the ingredients are well coated in oil. Assemble each bowl with half of the arugula, curried cauliflower, black beans, quinoa, avocado, and green onion. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and garnish with a lime wedge. Serve with the chutney.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cauliflower has softened slightly. Drizzle in the tamari and add the pineapple. Increase the heat to medium-high and stir well. Add the chili powder, salt, black pepper, and green onion. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring well, until the vegetables are tender and cooked through. Turn off the heat.
- Assemble each bowl with half of the fried rice, basil, cashews, and kimchi. Drizzle with sriracha.