This Piña Colada slice is one of the tastiest pineapple dessert recipes out there! Chewy coconut crust is topped with silky coconut cream and a fried pineapple. What could be more delicious? It's like the sibling of pineapple-upside down cake and Piña Colada cake––the perfect tropical treat! Eating one is the next best thing to sitting on a beach and drinking the real thing. You will fall in love with these littles slices of coconut pineapple heaven. They're a vacation in every bite.
Piña Colada Slice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Piña Colada Slice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
For the Filling:
- 1 14-ounce pack silken tofu
- 3/4 cup coconut cream, chilled overnight and only use the separated harden cream on top, not the liquid
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 5 1/4 ounces sliced tinned pineapple, chopped into bite sized pieces
For the Topping:
- 5 slices of tinned pineapple
- Leftover pineapple juice from the tin
- 1-2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
How to Prepare Piña Colada Slice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Line a 9-inch square cake tin with baking paper.
- Add all the ingredients for the crust together in a food processor and blend to combine.
- Evenly press the mix into the bottom of the cake tin.
- Place the crust in the freezer while you make filling.
- Make the filling by combining all the ingredients except for the shredded coconut and chopped pineapple, in a food processor and process them until they're smooth and creamy.
- Stir the shredded coconut and chopped pineapple into the mixture.
- Evenly spread the filling over the base.
- Place it in the refrigerator while you make the topping.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Place the 5 slices of pineapple onto the hot surface.
- Fry them for 15 minutes, flipping them all over at 7 minutes. Watch them carefully so they don't burn. If browning too quickly turn the heat down.
- While the pineapple is frying, place all the pineapple juice from the tin into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of arrowroot depending on how much juice you have. If you have lots add 2, if you have less then only use 1 teaspoon.
- Bring it to a simmer and cook for 4 minutes, stirring continuously. It should slightly thicken.
- Take the slice out from the refrigerator. Lightly push each of the pineapple slices on the top of it, arranging them however you like. Carefully and evenly pour the pineapple juice over the top. Cover the slice and place the whole thing back into the refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.