This pesto pasta recipe is bright, herby and comforting. Made with my simple homemade vegan pesto recipe, drizzled over pasta noodles. It's a quick and easy dinner to please all types of eaters.
Pesto Pasta [Vegan]
For the Pesto:
- 2 cups basil tightly packed
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
For the Pasta:
- 12 oz pasta noodles of choice
- pinch sea salt
- In a food processor with the S-shape blade, add the basil, pine nuts, and garlic. Pulse a few times to chop. Then add the lemon juice nutritional yeast and sea salt, pulse again to roughly combine. Turn food processor to a low speed and drizzle in the olive oil. Continue blending together until the mixture is combined, but there is still some texture. Place to the side.
- Heat a large pot of boiling water and add the pasta noodles and a generous pinch of sea salt. Cook until al-dente (about 7 mins). Strain and add the noodles back to the pot. Pour in the pesto and toss to combine. Transfer to bowls and serve.