You are going to love this layered delight that is made with our favorite fall fruit, persimmon. Together with the crunchy hazelnuts and a luscious vanilla cream it makes the most amazing taste experience!
Persimmon Parfait With Hazelnut Crunch [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup hazelnuts, soaked for 2 hours and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups cashew nuts, soaked for 2 hours and rinsed
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 5-6 ripe persimmons
- Roughly grind hazelnuts in a food processor. Mix ground hazelnuts with maple syrup in a bowl and spread on a Teflex dehydrator sheet. Dehydrate for 1-2 hour at 108°F. If you don’t have a dehydrator you can use the oven at the lowest temperature possible.
- Divide the hazelnut crunch in four serving glasses, press gently.
- Place cashew nuts in a high-speed blender together with water, lemon rind, sweetener, half of the vanilla, coconut oil and the pinch of salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the hazelnut layer and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut the persimmons in half. Scoop out the pulp and place in a high speed blender with the remaining vanilla. Blend until creamy and pour on top of the cashew cream layer. Dust with ground vanilla bean. Serve chilled.