You are going to love this layered delight that is made with our favorite fall fruit, persimmon. Together with the crunchy hazelnuts and luscious vanilla cream, it makes the most amazing taste experience!
Persimmon Parfait With Hazelnut Crunch [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup hazelnuts, soaked for 2 hours, and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups cashew nuts, soaked for 2 hours, and rinsed
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 5-6 ripe persimmons
- Roughly grind hazelnuts in a food processor. Mix ground hazelnuts with maple syrup in a bowl and spread on a Teflex dehydrator sheet. Dehydrate for 1-2 hours at 108°F. If you don’t have a dehydrator you can use the oven at the lowest temperature possible.
- Divide the hazelnut crunch into four serving glasses, press gently.
- Place cashew nuts in a high-speed blender together with water, lemon rind, sweetener, half of the vanilla, coconut oil, and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the hazelnut layer and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut the persimmons in half. Scoop out the pulp and place in a high-speed blender with the remaining vanilla. Blend until creamy and pour on top of the cashew cream layer. Dust with ground vanilla bean. Serve chilled.