The toppings on these vegan brownies are crumbled Oreo biscuits, however, feel free to replace that with another biscuit of your choice. You could use anything from lotus biscuits, to bourbons, and even choc chip cookies on top if you want to be more extravagant.
Perfect Vegan Brownies [Vegan]
- 5.3 ounces plain white flour
- 7 ounces caster sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 7/7 ounces soy milk
- 2.7 ounces vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (melted)
- 1 pack Oreo biscuits (optional topping)
- 3 1/2 ounces vegan chocolate chips (optional topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking tray with parchment paper. I like to grease the bottom of the tray first with some spread/ oil so the parchment paper can stick to it better. In a large bowl, add all your dry ingredients by sifting them in: flour, caster sugar, cacao powder, and baking powder.
- Mix these together and then create a small dent in the middle.
- Melt your dark chocolate on the stove by creating a double boiler: fill a medium pot halfway with water to a simmer. Place a heatproof bowl that’s just big enough to sit on top of the pot and add your chocolate to the bowl. On medium heat, keep stirring the chocolate with a spoon until it’s all smooth.
- Add all your wet ingredients in the mixing bowl with your dry ingredients: melted chocolate, vegetable oil, and soya milk. Mix them all together with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Add chocolate chips in and 5-6 crumbled Oreos biscuits, fold these into the combined mixture gently.
- Pour your brownie batter into your prepared baking tray. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top and another handful of crumbled Oreos.
- Bake for 25′ or until a skewer comes out clean. If the skewer isn’t completely clean when you poke the brownies, you can still try taking them out at 25′ for gooey brownies. Alternatively, you can bake the brownies for 30-45′ for a more cakey consistency.
- Before cutting up your brownies, let them cool for at least 20′.