Who says you can't make ice cream out of bananas? Well, you can and you can add awesome flavor. This peanut butter pretzel ice cream not only includes creamy peanut butter, but has crunchy pretzels in it to make it a satisfying dessert. Feel free to enjoy this ice cream on a cone or in a bowl topped with chocolate syrup or even with caramel sauce.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 sliced and frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons soy or almond milk
- 1/4 cup gluten-free pretzels, roughly chopped
- Place frozen bananas, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a high-speed blender and blend until creamy. If mix gets stuck, add 1 tablespoon of soy or almond milk at a time if needed.
- Fold in crushed pretzels and place in freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Serve in a cup or a cone and enjoy!
High-speed blender will do. Slice the bananas into small chunks before freezing to make blending easier. You can add a tablespoon of soy milk to get the mix going! After it was whipped together, fold in the crushed gluten-free pretzels and popped it in the freezer just for a few minutes to set. Don’t try cutting pretzels…they will fly everywhere and make a huge mess! Instead, place in a zip-lock bag and bang with something heavy such as a potato masher or a can of soup to break them into pieces.