These PB and J cups are ridiculously simple to make and absolutely delightful. It starts with a peanut butter shell. Then comes the juicy berry chia jam stuffed inside. And then another layer of the creamy peanut butter shell. A little salty, a little sweet, and a lot of delicious. Refined sugar-free too!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup cacao butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup peanut flour
- 10-15 drops of liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup berries, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
How to Prepare Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups [Vegan]
- Start by making the jam - place berries in a saucepan with a splash of water over medium heat. Once they are soft and have cooked down a bit, remove from heat. Mash the berries with a fork, stir in the chia seeds, and then place in the fridge to set.
- Melt the cacao butter/coconut oil using a double boiler method or in the microwave. Once melted, stir in the peanut flour and stevia.
- Arrange 6 mini liners on a plate. Spoon some of the 'peanut butter' into each liner, just a little more than enough to line the bottom. Try to get some up on the sides of the liners as well. Place in freezer for a few minutes or until they have set.
- Once set, fill each with a layer of the berry jam. Try to keep it in the middle of the cup. Then with the remaining 'peanut butter' cover the tops of the cups.
- Place in freezer for at least 10 minutes to set.
- Then enjoy!
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
I tried making the shell with cacao butter and coconut oil and both worked perfect, so feel free to use whichever you have on hand! I will mention that the ones made with cacao butter had a bit of a richer flavour, but the coconut oil version was still awesome.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Chia Seeds
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 102 | Carbs: 2g | Fat: 9g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 0g | Sugar: 0gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.