This warm, pad Thai-inspired salad is made from spiralized daikon radish noodles instead of rice noodles. It’s sweet, spicy, savory, crunchy, and full of bright flavor from the raw vegetables. Daikon radish is spiralized and then tossed in a creamy peanut dressing and stir-fried baby corn, edamame, and bell peppers. It's the perfect option for a light lunch or picnic option.
Peanut and Daikon Radish Noodle Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Peanut and Daikon Radish Noodle Salad [Vegan]
For the Noodles:
- 1 pound daikon radish
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cup frozen and shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 15-ounce can baby corn, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/3 cup green onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
How to Prepare Peanut and Daikon Radish Noodle Salad [Vegan]
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize the daikon radish on a medium setting (and toss in a mixing bowl with 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Refrigerate until you’re ready to use.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the dressing ingredients until creamy and thick, and then set aside.
- Prep green onions, cilantro, and peanuts for topping and set aside.
- Prep your edamame, red pepper, and baby corn. Preheat a pan with 2 teaspoons of peanut oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add your vegetables to the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Your vegetables should be lightly blackened, but not completely cooked through.
- While your vegetables are cooking, toss the peanut dressing in with the daikon radish noodles until they are evenly coated and then divide among 4 plates.
- Top each plate of daikon noodles with the hot, stir-fried vegetables. Garnish with fresh green onions and cilantro and serve warm.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.