Panna cotta is a creamy Italian dessert. It is traditionally made from milk, cream, sugar, and gelatin and is known for its fruity or chocolate taste. Although many recipes for panna cotta desserts contain gelatin, this recipe uses agar instead. Agar-agar is a jelly-like powder that is obtained from algae. It works so well in this recipe!
Peach Yogurt Panna Cotta with Mango Sauce [Vegan]
- 14 ounces plant yogurt peach passion fruit
- 3.38 ounces non-dairy milk
- 3.38 ounces water
- 3/4 teaspoon agar agar or .35 ounces agartine
- 2 tablespoons xylitol
- Place the yogurt in a mixing bowl and mix with the sugar.
- Mix the agar agar in 100 ml cold water.
- Heat 100 ml milk with the agar agar in a saucepan and boil for at least 1 min.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir the liquid agar agar into the yoghurt.
- Pour into silicone moulds and place in the fridge for about 1-3 hours.
- Serve with fresh mango sauce.