Meet Peach Melba Sangria, the traditional peach and raspberry dessert's boozy sister! With sangria, the fruit is key – it has to be something that you want to keep going back to. Something juicy, sweet and ripe. I selected peaches and raspberries because they looked so good at the store. Then I realized, (duh) I had the makings of a Peach Melba. To amp up the peach flavor, I added schnapps and some sparkling water for effervescence. I know, doesn’t it sound good? Aren’t you getting thirsty just thinking about it?
Peach Melba Sangria [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 bottle white wine, I used Pinot Grigio
- 1/2 cup peach schnapps
- 3 peaches, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- Well-chilled club soda or sparkling water
- In a small bowl combine the water and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is completely dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- In a pitcher blend the wine, schnapps and simple syrup. Stir to combine. Add the diced peaches and raspberries. Cover the pitcher and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Add ice to glasses and pour in the sangria - making sure to get several spoonfuls of fruit in each glass. Top with a splash of club soda or sparkling water. Serve.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile