Macaroni with chopped vegetables bathed in a wonderful pesto enhanced with a little mayonnaise! This Pasta Salad with Pesto is easy, tasty, filling, well kept in the fridge, and is a completely nutritious meal.
Pasta Salad with Pesto [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 11 ounces macaroni
- 3.5 ounces chopped onion
- 4 ounces chopped pepper
- 2 ounces grated carrot finely
- 4 ounces corn
For the Pesto:
- 3/4 ounce pine nuts
- 3/4 ounce basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil and 3 tablespoons broth from pasta
- .35 ounces nutritional yeast
- 3.5 ounces vegan mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Be careful not to overcook them!
- Meanwhile, beat all the pesto ingredients in the blender except the mayonnaise, which should be added last
- In a large bowl, put all the vegetables and mix them.
- Strain the macaroni, return them to the pot and add half the pesto. Mix well.
- Empty the pasta in the bowl with the vegetables and mix again
- Add the rest of the pesto. It is good to cool just before serving. It is nicer cold than warm.